- Step 1: Get on hands & knees Begin on your hands and knees on the mat, with your wrists directly under your shoulders.
- Step 2: Extend legs Tuck your toes under and extend your legs straight out behind you, one at a time, keeping your arms perpendicular to the mat.
- Step 3: Look at floor Look straight down at the floor, keeping your neck aligned with your straight spine.
- Step 4: Pull in abs Pull your abdominal muscles in so your hips don't sag, but don't allow them to rise up, either.
- TIP: Ask a friend to look at your pose: Your body should form a straight line from your heels to the top of your head.
- Step 5: Hold pose Hold the pose for at least 30 seconds.
- Step 6: Release pose Release the pose by dropping your knees to the floor. We're sorry for comparing your arms to twigs—but don't they feel like they might snap?
- FACT: The pirate practice of "walking the plank" is very likely a Hollywood invention—just pushing an enemy overboard was much more efficient.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket