- Step 1: Wrap string around your finger Wrap the string around the base of your ring finger. Pull the string so that it is snug, but not too tight. Keep the string loose enough to snugly slip over your knuckles.
- TIP: Because your hands can be swollen when you wake up in the morning, or when you're out in the sun, you should measure your finger at the end of the day to ensure the most accurate measurement.
- Step 2: Mark the point where the string overlaps Use a pen to mark the point where the string overlaps to form a circle.
- Step 3: Measure length of string to the mark Measure the length of the circle, from the end of the string to the pen mark. Use the side of your ruler that measures in millimeters.
- TIP: Measure the size of a ring that fits well on the person you are buying a gift for so you won't have to ruin the surprise.
- Step 4: Compare your measurement with a ring chart Find a ring sizer chart online. Compare your measurement with the chart.
- Step 5: Choose the correct size Choose the ring size that most closely matches the length of your string. Pick a larger size if your measurement falls between sizes. Now you can order rings knowing that you'll have the perfect size every time.
- FACT: Saturn's rings are formed by ice and rock chunks that orbit the planet. These range from pebble-sized to truck-sized.
You Will Need
- 6-in. string
- Internet access