- Step 1: List keywords Develop a list of the most popular keywords for websites similar to yours. Break these keywords into groups, and create a landing page for each group.
- Step 2: Title the page with keyword phrases Title your landing page with keyword phrases, and include those keyword phrases in the text of the page. This increases your visibility to search engines.
- Step 3: Write good copy Keep the copy, or text, of the site simple and easy to read. Avoid confusing jargon. Include keywords, strong selling points, and motivating language.
- TIP: Put multiple calls to action in the copy.
- Step 4: Offer only one choice Offer only one choice. Avoid putting several navigational links on the landing page. The only link should be the option for the customer to choose your product or service.
- Step 5: Include a picture Include a picture showing the product or service that you are offering.
- Step 6: Test it out Test the landing page and measure how effective it is at converting clicks to money or sign ups. There are online services that provide landing page analyses.
- FACT: In October 2009, YouTube reached 1 billion views per day.
You Will Need
- List of keywords
- Website copy