- Step 1: Download Download the Gmail Drive shell extension. The extension is only available for Windows.
- TIP: The program Gspace can be used with any PC or Mac and works as an extension under tools in the Firefox web browser.
- Step 2: Setup Run Setup to install the Gmail Drive shell extension.
- Step 3: Restart Restart your computer.
- Step 4: Open the drive Go to My Computer and find the drive labeled Gmail Drive. Double click to open it.
- Step 5: Enter account information Enter your Gmail username and password when prompted.
- Step 6: Transfer files Drag and drop files into the folder when the window opens. Any previously downloaded attachments from your email will also be on the drive.
- TIP: Avoid storing sensitive or important files on the Gmail drive. This is not an official option approved by Google.
- Step 7: Install on all your computers Install the shell extension on any other computers you use so you can access your files from anywhere.
- FACT: The original name for the search engine Google was BackRub.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Gmail account
- Gmail Drive shell extension
- Gspace (optional)
- Firefox (optional)