- Step 1: Establish a base Establish a base, and build up your armies in that spot. Expand from that central location.
- TIP: The strongest territories with the fewest points of attack are Argentina, Madagascar, and Japan.
- Step 2: Conquer a continent Conquer a continent, as this will increase the number of armies you get for each turn. Avoid trying to conquer Asia early in the game, as it is difficult to hold.
- Step 3: Break up continents Break up a continent if your enemy has control of one. Only attempt to conquer an enemy's continent if you can attack with twice the number of armies as your opponent has in the continent.
- Step 4: Locate your front Decide where the front of your force is and keep the most soldiers there. Your battlefront may not be across from your enemy's strongest territories.
- Step 5: Use the maximum number of dice Use as many dice as you are allowed to roll whether you are attacking or defending.
- Step 6: Determine your strength Determine your strength in the game. A strong player should divide and conquer, whereas weaker players should unite until the strongest is brought down a level.
- Step 7: Wipe out the weak Wipe out the weak as soon as you can.
- Step 8: Hold on to cards Hold on to cards as long as you can before turning them in. When you have gained five cards, you have to turn them in.
- TIP: Keep the number of cards you have hidden so your enemies don't have another incentive to attack you.
- Step 9: Take a territory every turn Take a territory at every turn.
- FACT: In 1957, an award-winning French film director named Albert Lamorisse created the model for the "Risk" board game.
You Will Need
- "Risk" board game
- At least 2 players