- Step 1: Take lots of footage Videotape your dog when they're barking and chewing. You'll need about 30 minutes of footage of them with their mouth moving.
- Step 2: Load it onto a computer Load the footage onto a computer.
- Step 3: Edit it Open up a video-editing program and edit the raw footage down to the best 3 minutes or so, using 20 to 30 second chunks.
- Step 4: Work out a script Write a script that matches their mouth movements as closely as possible.
- TIP: If they make a funny expression or gesture, think about how you can work that into their monologue.
- Step 5: Record the voice Record the voice into a computer microphone as you watch the edited video. If your video-editing program has a voice-over tool, you can add the voice directly to your movie. If not, open up a dedicated audio program and record the VO separately. Then import the audio file into your editing program and combine the audio and video.
- Step 6: Show off Show off your talking-dog video clip to your friends and family.
- FACT: Actress Lindsay Lohan sued E-Trade over a commercial featuring a talking baby named Lindsay who was called a "milkaholic."
You Will Need
- Video camera
- Video-editing software
- Computer microphone
- Voice-over tool or audio program