- : While this video is awesome, it didn't go to medical school. Always consult your doctor for actual medical advice.
- Step 1: Floss daily Brush and floss your teeth daily; research shows it can reduce your risk of gingivitis and gum disease, which cause aging of the immune and artery systems. And it will definitely help you avoid dentures.
- Step 2: Finish college Earn a college degree, smarty-pants. A Harvard study found that those who do tend to have an extra decade of healthy years compared to their less-educated counterparts.
- Step 3: Have lots of sex Here's a hard one: Get busy with your special someone. One study indicated a link between orgasm frequency and longevity in men.
- Step 4: Take up golf or swimming Retirees rejoice! A Swedish study of 300,000 golfers found that they had an increased life expectancy of five years compared to the rest of the population. Or take up swimming: A separate, 30-year-long study found that male swimmers' death rates were 70 percent lower than men who get their exercise from running.
- Step 5: Marry a younger woman Men, make like Hugh Hefner and marry a younger woman -- specifically, one who's 15 to 17 years younger. Guys who do cut their chances of dying early by 20 percent. Marrying someone seven to nine years younger reduces the risk by 11 percent.
- TIP: If you have a child, give the baby a name whose initials spell a positive word, like "WIN," and they'll a better chance of living longer, too.
- Step 6: Move to wine country Get thee to southwest France or the Italian island of Sardinia -- or just drink one glass per day of red wine that's produced there. Research has indicated wines from those regions have a greater protective effect against heart disease than red wines produced in other parts of the world. Sante and cin-cin!
- FACT: People who look younger than their real age are more likely to have a long life span, regardless of gender and environment, according to a study of 1,800 pairs of twins.
You Will Need
- Daily brushing and flossing
- College degree
- Little somethin' somethin'
- Golf or swimming
- Younger wife
- Red wine
- Child with positive initials (optional)