- Step 1: Select an egg Select an egg whose base is slightly rough. The roughness will provide support for the egg.
- TIP: Balancing an egg is difficult because the egg yolk sits high in the egg and is usually off-center.
- Step 2: Select a surface Locate a flat surface to balance the egg on. The surface should not be perfectly smooth. It is easier to balance an egg on a woven mat than on a glass surface.
- Step 3: Try to balance the egg Attempt to place the egg on end on the surface.
- Step 4: Be persistent Continue trying to balance the egg. If you are unsuccessful, try another egg or another surface. Now amaze your friends with your new-found talent!
- FACT: Birds known as megapodes, which can be found in Australia, deposit their eggs in decaying vegetation, keeping them warm until they hatch much like an incubator.
You Will Need
- Several raw eggs
- Flat surface