- Step 1: Conceive a child Conceive a child. According to an ancient German legend, the goddess of fertility conceived a child with the sun god on the first day of spring. The child was born nine months later on December 21.
- Step 2: Walk outside Take a walk outside. In ancient Greek mythology, the activity of the gods coincided with the rebirth of plants around the time of the vernal equinox.
- Step 3: Eat an egg Enjoy an egg. According to an ancient Saxon legend, the lunar goddess transformed an injured bird into a rabbit, but forgot to take away its ability to lay eggs. These were given to the goddess as gifts.
- TIP: The name of this goddess was Eostre.
- Step 4: Take a day off work Take a day off work. In the ancient Baha'i faith, no work was done on the day of the vernal equinox. However you celebrate it, get ready for the longer days to come!
- FACT: The word vernal comes from the Latin word for spring.
You Will Need
- Conjugal partner
- Pleasant weather
- Time off from work