- Step 1: Consider the occasion Consider the occasion and time of day. You want to select jewelry that is appropriate both to the neckline of your outfit and to the event you are attending.
- TIP: Stick with simple styles for daytime events and more elaborate accessories for a night on the town.
- Step 2: Choose a princess length Choose a princess length, which falls to the collarbone, when wearing a low cut or strapless neckline.
- TIP: Princess cut necklaces are usually 17 to 19 inches long.
- Step 3: Pair a "V" neck "V" shaped Pair a "V" neck top with a "V" shaped necklace. A rounded necklace looks mismatched if your neckline is plunging, so be sure the chain you wear mimics the cut of the top.
- Step 4: Go without Go without a necklace if you are wearing a halter or one-shoulder style dress.
- Step 5: Wear a long necklace with turtlenecks Wear an opera-length necklace, 26 to 36 inches, when sporting a turtleneck or high crew neck.
- Step 6: Pair a choker with strapless Pair a 16-inch choker necklace with a strapless gown.
- Step 7: Pair your necklace with other jewelry Pair your necklace with other jewelry. Only one bold piece of jewelry is allowed. Wear stud earring with a flashy necklace and stay away from matching sets that are outdated. With coordination, you'll be the toast of the town!
- FACT: The original weight of the Hope diamond was over 112 carats. It was recut twice to its current weight of just over 45.5 carats.
You Will Need
- Several necklaces
- Several blouses or dresses