- Step 1: Turn off Xbox Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
- Step 2: Remove AV cable Remove any AV cable already plugged into your Xbox 360 and any game disc left inside.
- Step 3: Plug in 1.3 HDMI AV cable Plug your 1.3 HDMI AV cable into the HDMI AV port on your Xbox 360.
- TIP: Don't plug the HDMI cable into the regular AV port. Make sure you look for the label HDMI on the console.
- Step 4: Plug opposite end in Plug the other end into an unused HDMI AV port on your HDTV.
- Step 5: Power Xbox Power up your Xbox 360.
- Step 6: Go to system settings Go to system settings from My Xbox.
- Step 7: Select high definition settings Go to Video and select the appropriate high definition settings that match your HDTV.
- TIP: If you are unsure what setting is correct, your HDTV's owner's manual will point you in the right direction.
- Step 8: Enjoy high definition Enjoy high definition video gaming with crystal clear graphics and stunning sound, all transmitted through a single cable.
- FACT: HDMI hit the consumer market in 2003, with each upgrade adding new features: HDMI 1.1 added DVD audio enhancement, 1.2 offered improvements for PCs, and 1.3 improved speed, visual detail, and audio support.
You Will Need
- Xbox 360
- 1.3 HDMI cable rated for 1080p
- HDTV with HDMI inputs
- Owner's manual (optional)