- : Do not oil roller tracks with nylon rollers.
- Step 1: Apply oil Apply two drops of penetrating oil onto the seams of the hinges. Squeeze the oil onto the top of the seams, so as it drips, it will lubricate the entire seam.
- TIP: Before lubricating, wipe away grease buildup on all rollers and roller pins.
- Step 2: Apply to roller mount Apply 2 drops of oil into the seams of all roller mount brackets on the door.
- Step 3: Apply oil Apply 2 drops of oil onto the ends of each roller pin on the roller mount brackets.
- Step 4: Apply oil to track Apply 6 drops of oil onto the roller track, approximately 1 foot from the curve of the track.
- Step 5: Open and close Open and close the garage door with your garage door opener a few times to distribute the oil.
- FACT: The number of new homes built with a 3-car garage doubled from 1991 to 2005.
You Will Need
- Penetrating oil
- Garage door opener
- Cloth (optional)