- Step 1: Start with an ear Scratch behind the cat's ear to get its attention.
- Step 2: Move to the other ear Rub one of the ears, move on to the top of the cat's head, and then on to the other ear.
- TIP: Use small circular motions of your thumb and fingertips as you massage.
- Step 3: Scratch the face Scratch one side of the cat's face below their whiskers, and then under their chin.
- Step 4: Change sides Massage the other side of the cat's face. Then massage the ears again, and then the top of the head.
- Step 5: Stroke the back Stroke the cat's back with your open palm down to the top of the tail.
- Step 6: Massage the tail Curl your hand around the cat's tail and stroke it from the base to the tip. Before you know it, your cat will be coming to you for a spa treatment.
- FACT: The Humane Society of the United States estimates that each year, between 6 and 8 million cats and dogs are sent to U.S. shelters.
You Will Need