- Step 1: Assess situation Assess the situation and figure out what went wrong.
- Step 2: Reach out Be humble and reach out to your lost friend. Write a letter, send a card or an email, and invite them to talk or get together.
- TIP: Be patient and wait for a response. Your friend may not be ready to mend the friendship.
- Step 3: Express your feelings Express your feelings about the situation that broke the friendship. Be honest, calm, and polite.
- Step 4: Apologize Apologize to your friend. If you feel you did not cause the broken friendship, take the initiative and apologize for how you reacted.
- Step 5: Be sympathetic Be sympathetic to your friend's point of view.
- Step 6: Acknowledge change Acknowledge and accept that your friendship may never be the same.
- Step 7: Cherish your friendship Cherish your friendship and make time to grow and keep your connections strong.
- FACT: Depression will affect approximately 1/4 of all women and 1/8 of all men at least once in their lifetime.
You Will Need