- Step 1: Express value Express to your employees how much their work is noticed and valued, and how they are an important part in expanding the organization.
- Step 2: Lead Lead by example and be positive, focused, and committed at work.
- Step 3: Explain Explain how an employee can improve rather than pointing out mistakes.
- TIP: Do not micromanage employees.
- Step 4: Set goals Set goals for your employees, and give them clear guidelines to follow to help them achieve those goals.
- Step 5: Recognize Recognize employees for their hard work and individually thank them at staff meetings.
- Step 6: Reward Reward deserving employees with more challenging projects.
- Step 7: Explore other options Explore other incentives to increase motivation in workers, such as a flexible work schedule, treating an employee to lunch, or an occasional Friday afternoon off.
- FACT: Approximately 40 percent of all resumes contain false information.
You Will Need
- Leadership skills