- Step 1: Choose an orange Choose a firm, heavy, and vibrant orange to indulge your taste buds.
- TIP: Avoid oranges with bruised or wrinkled skin.
- Step 2: Roll Roll the orange around with your palm on a flat surface to loosen the skin.
- Step 3: Cut the orange Make a small cut into the side of the orange with a knife without piercing the flesh.
- Step 4: Peel with spoon Insert a spoon into the cut, between the peel and the flesh of the orange, and remove the peel. Continue removing the peel with the spoon until it's completely peeled.
- Step 5: Peel with hands Peel an orange by hand, without a knife, by inserting your thumb approximately one inch below where the stem used to be.
- Step 6: Rotate thumb Push your thumb in a counterclockwise, downward spiral until the orange is peeled. Remove the orange from the peel.
- Step 7: Eat Enjoy your nutritious and juicy orange alone or share with a friend.
- FACT: Your body's daily vitamin C requirements can be satisfied by eating a single orange.
You Will Need
- Sharp knife
- Metal spoon