- Step 1: Learn about roller coasters Read up on the many varieties of roller coasters there are to conquer. In addition to high speeds, big drops, and loop-the-loops, there are stand-ups, floorless, water, and many others.
- Step 2: Research Do some research to figure out which amusement park has the most and best coasters you want to ride. Don't forget to take into account the travel cost and distance.
- TIP: Book tickets and hotels in advance for the best deals.
- Step 3: Avoid long lines Plan your visit for a low-traffic day, if possible. Go at the beginning or the end of the day to avoid the worst lines.
- TIP: Discounted tickets may go on sale in the late afternoon. It's a deal if the park is open late, because riding coasters after the sun sets is a special experience.
- Step 4: Bring sunscreen and cash Be sure to wear sunscreen and bring cash for food and water so fatigue and hunger won't mess up your day. Get yourself pumped for an awesome time.
- Step 5: Go the extra step If there's a separate line to ride in the front car or another special seat, try it at least once. The wait may be longer, but the experience may be worth it.
- FACT: In 2010 the Los Angeles Times named the Bizarro at Six Flags New England the best steel roller coaster.
You Will Need
- Advance accommodation booking (optional)
- Late-entry tickets (optional)