- Step 1: Limit the distance When you hang out, watch his body language -- men lean in when speaking with a woman to establish an intimate connection. Check if his hand brushes your body, which signals familiarity and comfort.
- TIP: If a guy points his feet away from you, you may not have his full attention.
- Step 2: Notice the nerves Listen for rapid breathing -- a natural reaction to the chance to impress a potential mate. Also, listen for laughter, which connotes comfort, and notice whether he speaks softly and slowly, which can indicate he's letting his guard down and trying to display his gentle side.
- Step 3: Look at how he listens When you're talking, see if he gazes into your eyes -- it's a sign of attraction. Does he ask questions that indicate he's listening closely? That boy is into you.
- TIP: If his eyes focus on your mouth, he might be avoiding eye contact, which might mean he isn't interested.
- Step 4: Find out from friends Get psyched if he asks you to hang out with his friends -- it means he's proud to be with you. When he meets your friends, see if he tries to impress them -- if he's into you, he'll know their opinions matter.
- Step 5: Get to the bottom of it Uncomfortable relying on your powers of perception? Just ask him if he's into you -- it may feel like some of the romance is gone, but you'll get your answer.
- FACT: An experiment found that men looked into the eyes of women they considered beautiful for an average of 8.2 seconds.
You Will Need