- Step 1: Add sugar Add one teaspoon of sugar to the highball glass.
- Step 2: Add water Add one ounce of water.
- Step 3: Add bitters & muddle Add a few dashes of angostura bitters and muddle the ingredients.
- TIP: If you don't have a muddler around, use the back of a bar spoon.
- Step 4: Add ice Add cracked ice.
- Step 5: Pour in bourbon Then pour in two and a half ounces of bourbon.
- Step 6: Garnish & serve Garnish, drop in a swizzle stick, and serve.
- FACT: The full name of this ancient drink is an Old Fashioned Whiskey Cocktail. In the 1800s, it was often simply called a cocktail.
You Will Need
- 2 1/2 oz. bourbon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 oz. water
- Some cracked ice
- Angostura Bitters
- Maraschino cherries
- A highball glass
- A muddler or bar spoon
- And a swizzle stick