- Step 1: Build muscle One reason men can drop weight just by ignoring the Buffalo wings for a few weeks is because they have more lean body mass. But women can catch up by strength training. The more muscles, the faster your metabolism.
- TIP: To maximize strength training, use the heaviest weights you can manage.
- Step 2: Think meat, not sweet When women are stressed, they reach for the sweets, while men unwind with a nice, juicy steak. The latter is the better choice, because protein is more filling.
- TIP: Stock your pantry with protein snacks -- hard-boiled eggs, lean cold cuts, low-fat cheese.
- Step 3: Be a man when you’re mad Find a physical outlet for negative emotions--jumping rope, hitting tennis balls, running a few laps around the track. When guys are upset, they’re more inclined to shoot hoops than attack an innocent pint of mint chocolate chip.
- Step 4: Keep it simple Keep your diet simple by cutting out a few things -- the sugar in your coffee, your nightly glass of wine. Men don’t drive themselves crazy keeping calorie journals--they just stop drinking beer until their belly deflates.
- Step 5: Stop beating yourself up Stop beating yourself up when you cheat. Ever heard a man whine that he’s ruined his diet? Of course not. He just accepts the fact that he polished off an entire pizza and moves on. You should do the same.
- FACT: Men’s metabolism is 10 to 15 percent higher than women’s.
You Will Need
- Strength training
- Protein snacks
- Physical activity