- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Incorporate aerobic exercise Incorporate aerobic exercise three days a week for at least 30 minutes a day.
- TIP: Break the 30 minutes into smaller segments if needed.
- Step 2: Wear a pedometer Wear a pedometer and start walking. Measure how many steps you take on average; then try to increase your daily steps by 100.
- Step 3: Add strength training Add strength training three times a week. This strengthens your muscles and increases your metabolism.
- Step 4: Try ball exercises Improve balance, stability, and abdominal strength by doing fitness ball exercises.
- TIP: Get the right fitness ball for your height and weight.
- Step 5: Join a yoga class Join a beginners' yoga class to increase flexibility, strengthen muscles, and reduce stress.
- Step 6: Dance to the music Listen to your favorite CD and start moving to the music.
- Step 7: Keep your body moving Get plenty of rest and keep your body moving. If you're moving, it counts as exercise!
- FACT: A person with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30 is considered obese.
You Will Need
- Aerobic exercise
- Fitness ball
- Yoga class