- Step 1: Configure your PC to manage virtual memory Configure your PC so that Windows automatically manages the virtual memory.
- Step 2: Run virus and spyware checkers Run antivirus and antispyware programs.
- Step 3: Eliminate unnecessary programs Eliminate any nonessential programs on your computer.
- Step 4: Check Windows Task Manager Check the Windows Task Manager to see how much memory the programs on your computer are using.
- TIP: Reinstall any applications that appear to be using more than their share of virtual memory.
- Step 5: Add RAM Add additional real physical memory (RAM) to your computer if all else fails. Now, enjoy the new speed on your machine.
- FACT: The word virtue comes from the Latin word for excellence or merit.
You Will Need
- Computer with Windows
- Antivirus program
- Antispyware program
- Additional real physical memory (RAM)