- Step 1: Become a product tester Become a product tester by identifying a key demographic a specific company is looking for and then volunteering to review a product.
- Step 2: Work for a market research company Get a job at a market research company or agency; often the products they test will either be given away or deeply discounted.
- Step 3: Ask for compensation Ask the company directly to keep the product in exchange for any cash reimbursement.
- Step 4: Search online Search online for opportunities to test consumer electronics for free and then keep them as your compensation.
- TIP: Beware of websites that charge a fee or require a down payment or security deposit.
- Step 5: Start a blog or website Start a blog or website; if you garner enough of an audience, companies will send you their products for free in hopes of getting a recommendation. Soon you'll be a famous expert.
- FACT: The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is the largest technology trade show in the world and features over 2,500 different companies.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Job at a market research company
- Personal blog or website