- Step 1: Join an online rental site Join an online rental site and, for a monthly fee, get the latest video games to play and review in your home.
- Step 2: Visit game manufacturers' websites Visit well-known game manufacturers' websites to sign up to be a tester or to receive e-mails to play early portions of games online.
- Step 3: Become a beta tester Become a beta tester for an independent company that tests and reviews a variety of products including video games. Often, this can be done without leaving your home.
- Step 4: Write for a magazine Write for a video game magazine as they often ship the newest games to their writers before the release date to create a buzz with readers and fans.
- TIP: Start a blog or your own website to build a fan base and ask for games.
- Step 5: Contact developers Contact game developers directly and ask to review games for free. You may not receive a finished copy but it may lead to other opportunities.
- FACT: The average age of the most frequent purchaser of video games is 39.
You Will Need
- Tight gaming skills
- Game console
- Internet access