- Step 1: Treat a bitten tongue Clean and apply a cold press to the injured area if you bit your lip or tongue.
- TIP: Seek emergency treatment if the bleeding does not stop.
- Step 2: Treat a broken tooth Rinse your mouth with warm water if you break a tooth. Apply a cold compress and call your dentist.
- Step 3: Treat a broken jaw Apply a cold compress to your jaw if you think you broke it. Seek professional treatment immediately.
- Step 4: Treat a dislodged tooth Rinse a dislodged tooth in water if it is dirty. Place it in a cup of milk and take it to your dentist.
- Step 5: Treat a toothache Rinse your mouth with warm water if you have a toothache. Try using dental floss to remove any material caught between teeth. If the pain persists, see your dentist.
- FACT: Male llamas get their canines, also known as "fighting teeth," between 2 and 3 years of age, and female llamas get theirs between 4 and 5 years of age.
You Will Need
- Warm water
- Cold compress
- Dental floss
- Emergency professional (optional)