- Step 1: Wash and dry hair Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Then squeeze your hair with a towel to sop up any excess water.
- Step 2: Add product Add product to the middle and ends of your hair.
- TIP: Use gel or glaze on thick hair and foam or mousse on thin hair.
- Step 3: Scrunch your hair Run your fingers into your hair and grab small sections. Scrunch the section up toward the roots.
- TIP: Grabbing larger sections will result in larger curls, smaller sections will result in smaller curls.
- Step 4: Dry your hair Dry your hair with the blow dryer and diffuser. Point the dryer from the bottom of your hair up to the roots. Continue scrunching your hair with your fingers while you are drying.
- Step 5: Set with hairspray Set your waves with hairspray to eliminate frizz.
- Step 6: Practice scrunching Practice scrunching with different products and alternating between larger and smaller sections of hair until you get your desired look.
- FACT: In 2004, a woman in China set the world record for the longest hair. Her hair reached almost 18 1/2 feet long.
You Will Need
- Blow dryer with diffuser
- Gel or glaze for thick hair (optional)
- Foam or mousse for thin hair (optional)