- Step 1: Open Tools in Outlook Open Outlook and select Tools from the menu bar. Choose Rules and Alerts from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Click New Rule Click the New Rule button in the pop-up window. Select Start From a Blank Rule at the top of the Rules Wizard pop-up window. Choose the option "Check messages when they arrive" under the Step 1 heading, and click Next.
- Step 3: Check "through the specified account" Check the box next to "through the specified account" under the Step 1 heading. Then click the blue underlined "specified" under the Step 2 heading.
- Step 4: Select account Select the e-mail account from the drop-down list in the Account pop-up window that you would like redirected. Click Next in the Rules Wizard pop-up window.
- Step 5: Select redirect option Select the redirect option of "redirect to people or distribution list" or "redirect to people or distribution list as attachment."
- TIP: Older versions of Outlook use the phrase "forward to people or distribution list" instead of "redirect."
- Step 6: Select people or distribution list Click on the blue underlined "people or distribution list" under the Step 2 heading. Type in the Gmail or Hotmail address next to the To button in the pop-up window and click OK.
- Step 7: Click Next and name rule Click Next twice and then name the rule.
- TIP: To select the "Run this rule now" or "Create this rule on all accounts and inboxes," click the check boxes next to those options before finalizing.
- Step 8: Click Finish Click Finish to apply your rule and have all Gmail or Hotmail messages redirected back to their respective servers.
- FACT: Pope John Paul II was the first pope to have a Vatican e-mail address.
You Will Need
- Microsoft Outlook
- Gmail or Hotmail account