- Step 1: Get a film club membership Join a film club that allows its members to attend screenings and receive free DVDs in exchange for time and input.
- Step 2: Contact small movie studios Contact small movie studios looking to spread the word about their films and offer to write a review if they will send a DVD copy, also known as a screener.
- TIP: Start a blog to build up your credentials, hone your skills, and gather a fan base.
- Step 3: Join a film festival panel Join a film festival panel for movies you enjoy such as horror, romantic comedies, or science fiction to get dozens of DVDs in the mail for review.
- Step 4: Attend a convention Attend a film convention and seek out businesses and studios that need people to watch and recommend their films and shows. Soon you'll be sought after.
- FACT: According to USA Today, in 2009, DVD sales in the United States dropped by over 10 percent, but digital downloads of movies increased by 31 percent.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Blog (optional)