- Step 1: Dissolve the yeast Dissolve the yeast and honey in the hot water and set the bowl aside.
- Step 2: Mix the dough Combine the flour and salt in the bowl of the mixer. Then add the oil and the yeast mixture and mix at low speed with the dough hook until the dough pulls away from the bowl -- about five minutes.
- TIP: You can use whole wheat flour for a wheat pizza crust.
- Step 3: Knead the dough and let it rise Knead the dough by hand for two to three minutes, until it is smooth and firm, and then transfer it to a bowl and cover it with a damp kitchen towel. Allow half an hour for the dough to rise.
- Step 4: Make the dough into a ball Make the dough into a ball and work it by pulling dough from the top of the ball and tucking it into the underside of the ball several times.
- Step 5: Roll it out; top; bake Cover the ball with the damp towel and let it rest for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle a surface with flour and roll the ball outward from the center. Finally, cover it with your favorite pizza toppings, bake it, and enjoy.
- FACT: In 2009, after 50 years of using the same recipe for its pizza, Domino's unveiled a new recipe.
You Will Need
- 3/4 c. 110 degree water
- 1/4 oz. envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pizza toppings
- Electric mixer
- Dough hook
- Kitchen towel
- Whole wheat flour (optional)