- Step 1: Find a ghost-hunting group Find a local group of people interested in paranormal research.
- Step 2: Research Research locations that are likely to be haunted. Talk to friends or family members who have had paranormal experiences in their homes. Investigate places in your community that are known for being haunted.
- Step 3: Talk to the police Talk to the police and ask them about places that have gotten complaints about strange activity.
- Step 4: Use camcorders Use camcorders with night vision or infrared technology to record paranormal activity.
- TIP: Invest in a thermal imaging camera to spot cold and dark spots in the nighttime.
- Step 5: Be safe Travel in groups and stick together. Avoid unfamiliar, questionable neighborhoods.
- Step 6: Obey the law Obey the law and don't trespass. Spotting a ghost can be a memorable experience, but it isn't worth jail time.
- FACT: According to a 2007 poll, one in three Americans believes in ghosts.
You Will Need
- Membership in a ghost-hunting group
- Thermal imaging camera (optional)