- Step 1: Sign in Open your e-mail program and sign into your e-mail account.
- Step 2: Click Create Mail Click on the New Message or Create icon to open a new message window.
- Step 3: Insert address Type the e-mail address of your recipient in the To field. Double check that you have entered the address correctly.
- TIP: If you're sending an e-mail to more than one recipient, add a comma or semi-colon between e-mail addresses.
- Step 4: Send a copy Send a copy of your e-mail to someone by typing their e-mail address in the Cc, or carbon copy, field.
- Step 5: Send blind copy Send a blind carbon copy of your e-mail to multiple recipients by typing their e-mail addresses in the Bcc box. The recipients of your message will not be able to see the e-mail addresses of the other recipients.
- Step 6: Type in subject box Type in the subject of the e-mail in the Subject field.
- Step 7: Type message Type your message in the message field and click the Send button. Congratulations! You have successfully e-mailed your message.
- FACT: According to a study done by the virus protection software company McAfee, over 33 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity are used globally each year as a result of spam.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- E-mail program
- E-mail addresses