- Step 1: Visit the SEC website Visit the SEC website; and download and read the latest version of the EDGAR Filer Manual.
- Step 2: Go to the EDGAR Gateway website Go to the EDGAR Gateway website and select "Would you like to become a new filer or generate new access codes?"
- Step 3: Go to the EDGAR Filer Management site Go to the EDGAR Filer Management site. Click on Apply for EDGAR Access (New) to apply for EDGAR access codes. Complete the Form ID PDF form.
- TIP: Form ID will require the names and contact info for your company, company contact person, and company accountant.
- Step 4: Print the Form ID application Print a copy of the Form ID application and have it notarized. Fax the notarized copy to the SEC's Filer Support Department.
- TIP: You can also attach a PDF scan of the notarized form to your online application.
- Step 5: Receive your CIK and CCC access codes Receive your Central Index Key (CIK) and CIK Confirmation Code (CCC) along with a temporary password upon SEC acceptance.
- Step 6: Go back into the EDGAR Filer Management site Go back into the EDGAR Filer Management site. Click on Retrieve/Edit Data in the left-side menu. Enter your CIK and CCC numbers and your temporary password.
- Step 7: Click on Retrieve Company Information Click on Retrieve Company Information to check that the filed info is correct. To edit or update the info, click on Edit Company Information at the bottom of the page.
- FACT: In 1934, Joseph P. Kennedy, President John F. Kennedy's father, was appointed the first chairman of the SEC.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Copy of Form ID
- Fax machine
- CIK access code
- CCC access code
- Temporary password