- Step 1: Sign up Set up an account on MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter. Once you've set up your accounts, personalize them. MySpace and Facebook have sections that allow you to add information about your band.
- TIP: MySpace also allows you to personalize the look of the page by adding background images and using CSS to arrange columns.
- Step 2: Add music Add your band's music to the page. This crucial step cannot be emphasized enough. You can also add video footage of your band on both of those sites.
- Step 3: Add friends Search and add friends to your profile. Both Facebook and MySpace have search features that let you locate people by location, age, school, and more. Poke around to find as many friends as you can.
- Step 4: Use the calendar Take advantage of the calendar features to update your friends and fans. On MySpace, click Manage Calendar. On Facebook, you can create events that are sent out to all of your friends.
- Step 5: Use other sites Use other sites, like YouTube, Last.FM, and iLike, to expand your promotional efforts.
- Step 6: Comment Respond to comments and be an active participant on your band's pages. Letting your band's page turn into an abandoned effort is a sure way to lose fan and friend interest, and your goal on these sites should be to intrigue and communicate -- not ignore.
- FACT: There are more than 70 languages available for translation on Facebook.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Accounts on Facebook
- and Twitter
- Communication skills