- Step 1: Know the categories Know the categories of the costume contest and how it will be judged.
- TIP: Find out which costumes won in previous years.
- Step 2: Get ideas Brainstorm ideas for your costume. Choose a costume that is appropriate to the contest and choose a character that is familiar to others.
- Step 3: Ask for opinions Ask friends and family for their opinions on which costume choice to wear.
- Step 4: Set up a budget Set up a budget which includes the costume, make-up, accessories, and jewelry.
- Step 5: Get into character Get into character as you get dressed and make your costume come alive.
- Step 6: Interact Interact with audience members before the contest and get them to cheer you on.
- Step 7: Win the contest Play the part, have fun, and win the contest.
- FACT: In 2008, Elvis Presley's peacock jumpsuit costume was sold at auction for $300,000.
You Will Need
- Opinions from friends and family
- Acting skills