- Step 1: Start with the details List the game's technical requirements, including the operating system, amount of RAM, and graphics card speed, as well as the title and genre of the game.
- TIP: You may need to pick up a book or read magazines to learn some of the terminology and lingo.
- Step 2: Craft introduction Craft an enticing introduction by starting with a favorite moment from the game, a memory of playing it, or a theme that you enjoyed.
- Step 3: Summarize plot Summarize the plot of the game and give a basic overview of the main characters and the task you are expected to complete, but don't spoil the ending.
- Step 4: Relate playing details Relate some of the playing details, such as the excitement level, the playing controls, the graphics, the sound, and what it offers in the way of replay.
- TIP: Keep things hip and understand that your audience is people like you -- gamers who want to know the truth.
- Step 5: Start a blog Start a blog or locate websites that will share advertising revenue with writers so you can get paid for your opinion and words.
- Step 6: Be honest Be honest and relate to your readers that you are someone they can trust to deliver the truth about every PC game you write about.
- FACT: The first computer game was created in 1958 when William Higinbotham converted a radar station into an electronic tennis game called "Tennis for Two."
You Will Need
- Writing skills
- Strong opinion
- Moderate gaming knowledge
- Personal blog or gaming websites
- Gaming books or magazines (optional)