- Step 1: Cover the details State the release date, the genre, the number of players, and the parental rating, as some games may be inappropriate for young gamers.
- Step 2: Summarize plot Summarize the basic plot and the task you are expected to complete, but don't spoil the ending.
- Step 3: Use strong adjectives and verbs Use strong adjectives and verbs to both entertain and engage your readers. Also, keep your review brief -- 500 words or less.
- TIP: Keep things hip but relaxed. Write like you are talking to a friend or fellow gamer.
- Step 4: Know your audience Know your audience for each game, since different games appeal to different kinds of people. Always be honest and forthright.
- Step 5: Share your thoughts online Share your thoughts online or in a blog, or find websites that will split their advertising revenue so you can get paid for your reviews.
- FACT: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are approximately 25,000 software publishers who make an annual wage of $96,000 per year.
You Will Need
- Writing skills
- Clear voice
- Strong opinion