- Step 1: List details List the details of the Wii game, including the title, release date, number of players allowed, and the genre.
- Step 2: Summarize plot Summarize the basic plot or backstory to the game and provide the details of the main character and the task you are expected to complete.
- TIP: Don't give away the ending or plot twists in your review.
- Step 3: Relate your emotions Discuss whether playing the game made you feel excited, bored, anxious, disgusted, or indifferent.
- Step 4: Keep things brief Keep the review brief and use strong adjectives and verbs to attract readers and then keep them entertained.
- TIP: Most websites will limit reviews and comments to around 200 words, but some allow you as many as 500 words.
- Step 5: Start your own blog Start your own blog for longer reviews, or locate websites that will share advertising revenue so you can get paid for your hard work and opinion.
- Step 6: Be honest Speak from the heart and always be honest with your review, even if everyone else loves a game but you weren't impressed -- say so and explain why.
- FACT: In 2009, six of the top 10 selling console games were exclusively for the Nintendo Wii console.
You Will Need
- Strong opinions
- Video game knowledge
- Personal blog