- Step 1: Start looking Investigate free websites for jobs, even if the job is stuffing envelopes or data entry. Legitimate business opportunities exist, but they often take work to find.
- Step 2: Maintain regular hours Maintain regular work hours. Get up at the same time every day, and schedule breaks and lunch. Avoid diversions and distractions. Plan your days, weeks, and months with quotas and goals.
- Step 3: Maintain caution Maintain caution and confidence. Avoid offers that seem too good to be true. Be skeptical, read the fine print, and don't send people money for the chance to make money -- internet scams abound.
- TIP: If you think you've been hustled, contact the Federal Trade Commission at "ftc.gov/complaint":https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).
- Step 4: Freelance Freelance articles, reviews, information pieces, and blogs at pay sites and marketing forums for quick cash so there's always something coming in.
- Step 5: Seek sales, survey, and piece work Seek sales opportunities in business areas, including performing surveys for companies or basic information processing.
- Step 6: Explore the market Educate yourself on e-trading and investing and pick up some cash making bets on the market.
- Step 7: Walk away from it Stick to your schedule to avoid burnout. Just because the work is in the next room instead of across town doesn't mean it can't wait till tomorrow. You're in the driver's seat now; enjoy working without the commute!
- FACT: The U.S. median wage in 2008 was over $15 per hour or $32,390 per year.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Dedicated phone line
- Sales ability