- Step 1: Fill shot glass Fill the shot glass with whiskey.
- Step 2: Pour beer Pour the beer into the pint glass. This will be the "chaser" for the whiskey.
- TIP: In a "depth charge," the shot glass is dropped upright into the beer mug. The resulting fizz, yup, encourages immediate chugging.
- Step 3: Drink shot Drink the shot of whiskey.
- Step 4: Wash it down Wash it down with the beer.
- FACT: The Boiler Makers of Purdue University aren't named for the drink – the name's a reference to the school's engineering students, who designed and made boilers for locomotive engines.
You Will Need
- A small shot glass
- A pint glass
- A little courage