- Step 1: Coat inside of mug with cooking spray Use cooking spray to coat the inside of a microwave-safe bowl.
- Step 2: Mix dry ingredients Mix the flour, sugar, and cocoa together in a separate bowl.
- Step 3: Add water, oil, and egg Add the egg, water or milk, and oil to the dry ingredients.
- Step 4: Mix well Mix the ingredients well until they form a smooth batter, and transfer the batter to the microwave-safe bowl.
- Step 5: Microwave for three minutes on high Microwave the batter-filled bowl for 3 to 4 minutes on high.
- TIP: Put a paper towel under the bowl to protect the bottom of your microwave in case the batter runs over the side.
- Step 6: Serve immediately Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave. Grab a fork and dig in to your piping-hot treat.
- FACT: In 1947, the Raytheon Company introduced the first commercial microwave oven. It cost between $2,000 and $3,000, and was housed in a refrigerator-sized cabinet.
You Will Need
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp. milk or water
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Microwave-safe bowl