- Step 1: Iron the bandanna Smooth the bandanna over an ironing board and press gently with an iron to remove any wrinkles.
- Step 2: Measure the bandanna Measure 8 inches from each corner with the ruler. Then tie a knot at each corner at that point. Make sure the knots are tight.
- TIP: Use an additional bandanna or scarf for a longer handle. Roll the bandanna lengthwise and tie two knots at each end to attach the handle to the bag.
- Step 3: Create the handles Use a double knot to tie two of the ends together. Repeat with the remaining two ends.
- Step 4: Embellish with safety pins Attach safety pins of various sizes to the body of the purse. Attach them at random intervals in a whimsical manner or position them in straight lines for a harder, industrial look.
- Step 5: Fill your purse Place your essentials inside the purse. It's big enough to hold lip gloss, a cell phone, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a wallet. Toss it over your shoulder and you're ready to go!
- FACT: American inventor Walter Hunt patented his design for the safety pin in 1849.
You Will Need
- Bandanna or scarf
- Iron and ironing board
- Safety pins
- Additional bandanna or scarf (optional)