- Step 1: Learn about SEO or Search Engine Optimization Learn about SEO or Search Engine Optimization at SEO.com. This is an internet marketing technique -- a way to use search engine keywords that can increase traffic volume to your video.
- Step 2: Pick up to 5 keywords for your video Pick up to five targeted keywords for your video. For example, if your video is about a goofy golfer, use "golf," "golfer," "swing," and "club."
- TIP: On your YouTube video's page, integrate your keywords into the video's title, description, and tags.
- Step 3: Get YouTube editors to spotlight your video Get YouTube editors to spotlight your video. Have friends suggest your video at email@example.com.
- TIP: YouTube always has spotlight competitions for videos uploaded within a specified time period from 48 hours to 30 days.
- Step 4: Make your video a YouTube Promoted Video Make your video a Promoted Video -- a paid YouTube service where your video is spotlighted on YouTube search result pages with content relevant to your video's keywords. Now, captivate your audience.
- FACT: In 2007, the first U.S. presidential debates were televised through YouTube, where YouTube users directly asked the candidates questions.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- YouTube account
- Video uploaded to YouTube