- Step 1: Go to the Microsoft Office website Purchase Microsoft Office 2010. PowerPoint is part of the Office 2010 suite.
- Step 2: Create a PowerPoint 2010 presentation Create a presentation using PowerPoint 2010. Save the file to your desktop.
- TIP: PowerPoint 2010 is the first version of PowerPoint that converts PowerPoint's FLV file format to the YouTube-compatible WMV format.
- Step 3: Click the File tab in PowerPoint Click the File tab in PowerPoint. In the left column, click Share. Under File Types, double-click Create a Video. A Save As window will open.
- Step 4: Find the PowerPoint file on the desktop Find the PowerPoint file on the desktop via the Save As window. Under the Save As drop-down menu, select Windows Media Video. Click Save.
- Step 5: Create a YouTube account Create a YouTube account if you don't already have one. Set up your profile page. Upload the compatible PowerPoint file to your YouTube page and enjoy your work.
- FACT: PowerPoint was originally called "Presenter" and was developed for the Macintosh computer in 1984.
You Will Need
- PowerPoint 2010
- YouTube account