- Step 1: Remove or raise clothing Remove your shirt or raise it above your waistline and lower your pants.
- Step 2: Find your waist Use your fingers to find the top of your hip bone at your side. Your waist is the soft area just above the hip bone, below your rib cage.
- Step 3: Measure Hold the end of the tape measure at your navel and bring it around your waist to the front.
- Step 4: Read the tape Place one finger on the tape at the point where the zero end of the tape hits your waist measurement and read the measurement.
- TIP: Waist measurements play a big role in your health. Women should have a measurement less than 35 inches and men should have a waist less than 40 inches.
- Step 5: Repeat the process Repeat the measurement once more to ensure accuracy and the perfect fit for your next purchase.
- FACT: Using a corset to "train" her waist, Cathie Jung of Old Mystic, Connecticut, has the world's smallest waist, measuring a mere 15 inches.
You Will Need
- Tape measure