- Step 1: Take off shoes Put on your best-fitting pair of pants; then stand with your back against a wall.
- TIP: Don't wear shoes when you're measuring your inseam.
- Step 2: Place notebook between legs Hold the notebook or folder between your legs at the very top of your inner thighs. Place it so that one edge of the notebook touches the wall.
- Step 3: Have partner measure Have a helper measure the distance from the floor to the top edge of the notebook or folder.
- Step 4: Repeat the measurement Double-check the measurement.
- Step 5: Buy pants or bike Buy a new pair of pants with confidence, knowing that you are getting the perfect fit.
- FACT: In 1990, Susan Molinari was a hot topic when she became the first woman to wear pants on the U.S. House of Representatives floor.
You Will Need
- Notebook or folder
- Tape measure