- Step 1: Decide to husk or not Decide whether you will microwave your corn with or without husks, keeping in mind it is a matter of preference since both methods produce good results.
- Step 2: Cook with husks Cook ears with husks and silk by placing whole cobs in a microwave oven on a paper towel, then cooking for one to five minutes for one cob, increasing cooking time by one minute for each additional ear.
- TIP: Turn corn cobs halfway through the cooking time to ensure even proper heating.
- Step 3: Remove and wrap Remove cobs from the microwave and wrap in foil, allowing the cooking process to continue for five more minutes. Undress the corn and serve.
- Step 4: Prepare husked version Prepare ears by removing husks and silk and wrapping the cobs in damp paper towels. Place the cobs on a microwave-safe plate.
- Step 5: Place in microwave oven and cook Place the plate of corn cobs in the microwave oven and cook for five minutes for one cob, increasing time by about one minute for each additional cob.
- TIP: Adjust cooking time to your microwave oven's intensity.
- Step 6: Serve Serve the microwaved corn on the cob with butter and seasonings, offering the golden goodness of the field to your family and friends.
- FACT: The United States produces almost half of the world's corn and nearly all of its popcorn.
You Will Need
- Corn on the cob
- Microwave oven
- Paper towels
- Microwave-safe plate