- Step 1: Download software Download software that will process the RAR files.
- TIP: There are both free and paid versions available online for your Mac or PC.
- Step 2: Install the software Install the software on your computer by following the installation prompts.
- Step 3: Select the file Select the RAR file you want to open. Once you've selected the file, choose Extract to the RAR File Name. The "RAR File Name" refers to the file you want to open.
- Step 4: Extract A folder will be created that holds all of your compressed files. This process is called extraction and is similar in each program. Now you are able to navigate through the folder for the files you want to open.
- FACT: Invented in the 1830s by Samuel F.B. Morse, Morse code was an early example of data compression using dots, dashes, and spaces to represent letters of the alphabet, numerals, and punctuation marks.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Extration software
- RAR files