- Step 1: Connect Xbox to Internet Connect your Xbox 360 console to the internet with an Ethernet cable.
- TIP: You can also get an Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter to connect without cables.
- Step 2: Create profile Turn on your Xbox 360 console and create your personal profile from the Xbox 360 dashboard.
- Step 3: Join Xbox Live Select "Join Xbox Live."
- Step 4: Follow on-screen instructions Follow the on-screen instructions. Choose Xbox Live Gold when the option becomes available, and select a subscription length.
- TIP: You get more for your dollar by choosing a year-long membership. A monthly membership costs more per day.
- Step 5: Choose gamertag Continue to follow the onscreen instructions until you are told to choose an original gamertag. This is your online handle for Xbox Live gaming.
- Step 6: Complete subscription process Complete the subscription process, including providing your debit or credit card information, by following the last few on-screen instructions.
- TIP: You can add or remove a credit or debit card from the Xbox website.
- Step 7: Insert game Share your gamertag with friends who plan to meet you online. Insert your favorite game into your Xbox360 console and enjoy your new Xbox Live membership.
- FACT: Between 2003 and 2010, Xbox Live members have spent over 17 billion hours on Xbox Live.
You Will Need
- Xbox 360
- Broadband internet connection
- Ethernet cable
- Debit or credit card
- Xbox 360 wireless adapter (optional)