- Step 1: Sign into your YouTube account Sign into your YouTube account. Upload your video to your profile page. If you don't already have an account, create an account.
- Step 2: Learn about SEO Learn about search engine optimization (SEO), a way to use the right keywords in your YouTube video's tags to get your video ranked high in search engine results.
- Step 3: Find YouTube sponsored contests Find YouTube sponsored contests. Click on the Browse link on the top of every YouTube page. Under Categories, click on Contests.
- Step 4: Enter a video in a YouTube contest Enter a video in a YouTube contest. These contests are officially sponsored by paid advertisers.
- TIP: Contest time frames can be one day, one week, one month, or ongoing.
- Step 5: Have friends suggest your video Have friends and family members suggest your video directly to YouTube's editors.
- TIP: YouTube honor categories include Most Viewed, Most Discussed, Most Responded, Top Rated, and Top Favorited.
- Step 6: Join social networks Join social networks like Facebook or MySpace. In your YouTube account, click on a social network icon under your video and share with your social network.
- TIP: Submit your video to social bookmarks sites and have friends bookmark your video to share with other friends.
- Step 7: Join YouTube's Sponsored Video program Join YouTube's Sponsored Video program, an ad service where your video is spotlighted on their site and you pay only when someone plays your video. Revel in your exposure.
- FACT: In 2009, a Uruguayan film director's short YouTube video made for $300, led to a $30 million Hollywood film contract.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- YouTube account
- Social network memberships