- Step 1: Sign in to your YouTube account Sign in to your YouTube account. Hover over your user name at the top of the page. Click on the My Videos link in the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Select a video Select a video on the Uploaded Videos page. Click on the Edit button below the video. Scroll to the Broadcasting and Sharing Options section.
- Step 3: Select the Private option Select the Private option under Broadcasting and Sharing Options. Select Limited Access URL, which can be clicked up to 25 times. Copy the URL and paste it into an e-mail to your friends.
- TIP: Your friends must have a YouTube account before they can view your video.
- Step 4: Select Limited Access URL Instead of generating a limited access URL, you can also choose Private Share with YouTube Users. This will allow you to share with your YouTube friends only.
- Step 5: Select Private Share with YouTube Users After you choose between the two options, click Save Changes.
- FACT: In 2007, presidential candidate Barack Obama told Associated Press that the popular "Obama Girl" YouTube video had upset his daughters.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- YouTube account
- YouTube video
- Select group of YouTube users and/or other viewers